So, I am a little biased here. This is actually where I spend my 40 a week. I onboarded about 2 months ago and realized that our companies website had some very huge issues, mostly involving page speed. On an initial run of GTMetrix our site was scoring an F ( 39% ). Load time was 8.5 seconds and called over 140 resources.
How Did We Change That?
- By building a custom theme to replicate the theme design that was originally used
- Removing almost all of the iframes
- Updating from php5.6 to php7
- Optimizing Cloudflare‘s settings
- Optimizing Images with TinyPNG
So how are we doing now?
Well… after building the theme and a custom page builder for the backend, We now have a GTmetrix score of A ( 93% ), our page load time is 2.1 seconds and were calling only 40 resources. Not bad.